Quality Over Quantity
We Do It Right The First Time
In August of 1928 a young man named James Vester Hamrick was asked by a local cotton gin to make a few plywood cases for the storage and shipment of cotton seed fibers. This contract was the start of a family business which grew and prospered for the next 78+ years. Mr. Hamrick would often walk through the shop reminding his employees, “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.” Built on this philosophy, the company prospered and outgrew the original location on Bradley Street across from the Carrollton Depot.
In 1945 Mr. Hamrick purchased the D.F. “Doc” New Lumber company located on a dead end street behind what was then the Carrollton coca Cola Bottling company. the lumber business: however, was not new to Mr. Hamrick.
The lumber company’s emphasis on quality products and services was well received in the community. By 1958 the company had again outgrown its facilities and moved to its current location at 1611 N Hwy 27, Carrollton